The organizer of the event is OSTEN Skopje, North Macedonia. The Biennial is rather focused on a contemporary drawing, but in its widest interpretation. Feel free to submit your most innovative and creative works. Only original works are eligible for submission (not photos of the works). The presentation awards ceremony and opening of the exhibition will take place on 24 September 2020 in Skopje.
- The participants should send the completed Application Form and one
or more works created 2018-2020, accompanied by a short CV and photo.
- On the back side of each work must be written with capital letters in pencil: Artist’s name&surname and title of the work (according to the application form).
- Artists decide upon the size, theme and media technique of the submitted works.
- The awarded works shall remain within the collection of OSTEN Museum of Drawing.
- The rest of the works can be returned on artists’ request and on their expenses, or, they can stay in the OSTEN Collection as a donation.
- By completing the Application Form, the artist agrees that the organizer can use, exhibit, study and publish the works for the needs of the OSTEN BIENNIAL of DRAWING and Museum of Drawing.
The participation fee is 55 USD The payment is done on this website or Via money transfer to the OSTEN ART Skopje account: Beneficiary: OSTEN ART SKOPJE, Nikola Kljusev 16A, Skopje 1000, Macedonia IBAN: MK07210701001011812 | SWIFT: TUTNMK22 Bank: NLB AD SKOPJE, Majka Tereza 1, Skopje 1000, Macedonia
A Curator appointed by OSTEN selects the artists for the Biennial’s official exhibition, and out of them, the International jury decides about the artists’ works presented in the catalog and about the awards. Dates of the selection and judging will be published additionally.
All submitted works are exhibited at the PREVIEW exhibition OSTEN4ART at the OSTEN Gallery, short-listed works shall be exhibited at the Biennial’s official exhibition. The Awarded Artist will receive a copy of the catalogue by post mail and all interested artist can order the catalogue for 45 USD (shipping costs included). For the catalogue order we’ll send additional information via e-mail.
* the transport of the works is fully organized by the artists (including the expenses) and the organizer takes no responsibility in case of the works damage or lost * the works should be sent unframed and and appropriate packed according to their dimensions: in cardboard package with reinforced protection for the angles (in case of smaller sizes) or in tube (if they are larger)