The organizer of the event is OSTEN Skopje, North Macedonia. The Biennial is rather focused on a contemporary drawing, but in its widest interpretation. Feel free to submit your most innovative and creative works. The presentation awards ceremony and opening of the exhibition will take place in September 2020 in Skopje.
- The applicants should complete the online Application Form and upload images of one or more works
created 2018-2020, accompanied by a short CV and photo.
- The Short-listed artists selected by the curator will be asked to send via postal mail the original works they applied with – to be shown in front of the international jury during the judging process.
- On the back side of each original work sent to the OSTEN postal address must be written with capital letters in pencil: Artist’s name&surname and title of the work (according to the application form).
- Artists decide upon the size, theme and media technique of the submitted works.
- The awarded works shall remain within the collection of OSTEN Museum of Drawing.
- The rest of the works can be returned on artists’ request and on their expenses, or, they can stay in the OSTEN Collection as a donation.
- By completing the Application Form, the artist agrees the organizer to use, exhibit, study and publish the works for the needs of the OSTEN BIENNIAL of DRAWING and Museum of Drawing.
The participation fee is 55 USD. The payment can be done on this website or via money transfer to: Beneficiary: OSTEN ART SKOPJE, Nikola Kljusev 16A, Skopje 1000, N. Macedonia, IBAN: MK07210701001011812 | SWIFT: TUTNMK22 |NLB Bank AD SKOPJE, Majka Tereza 1, Skopje 1000, N. Macedonia
A Curator appointed by OSTEN selects the artists for the Biennial’s official exhibition, and out of them, the International jury decides about the artists’ works presented in the catalog and about the awards. Dates of the selection and judging will be published additionally.
Applied works are exhibited at the VIRTUAL PREVIEW exhibition OSTEN4ART on the organizer’s website: http://www.osten.mk. Short-listed works shall be exhibited at the Biennial’s official exhibition. The Awarded Artist will receive a copy of the catalogue by post mail and all interested artist can order the catalogue for 45 USD (shipping costs included). For the catalogue order we’ll send additional information via e-mail.
31 May 2020 30 June 2020 – deadline for online application
15 June 2020 15 July 2020 – announcement of the short-listed artists selected by the
15 July 2020 15 August 2020 – deadline for receiving the original works by the
short-listed artists via postal mail
July/August 2020 August/September 2020 – jury activities and announcement of the
results (via e-mail to all participating artists, on osnten.mk and OSTEN Biennial of Drawing FB
September 2020 – opening of the official exhibition and presentation awards
September/December 2020 – due to the current uncertainty about the possibilities for traveling and organizing big evens, the artists and public will be additionally informed about the term and form of the Biennial’s final event (offline or online event).
Note 1: Put on the parcel with your works the note: NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES / FOR
Note 2: The transport of works is fully organized by the artists (including the expenses) and the organizer takes no responsibility in case of the works damage or lost
Note 3: The works should be sent unframed and appropriate packed according to their dimensions: in a cardboard package with reinforced protection of the angles (for smaller sizes) or in tube (for larger sizes)